Do you have a food that you can not live without? You think about it, crave it and would put it on everything. Well, I like to call that food crack. And, unfortunately, I have a new food crack, something so yummy it will cause our family to fight over the last little bit. Hershey’s Chocolate Almond Spread. I am a sucker for chocolate covered almonds and this stuff just makes my addiction that much worse.
I first purchased it just to see what they hype was all about, and I am so glad that I did. I put it on a banana to taste test it, and it was AMAZING! Then shortly after cracking open the jar of goodness, Hubby came home. I knew there would be a fight over this one. He is a chocolate junkie, and I knew that he would want some, and I did not want to share! But, I broke down and gave him a taste. Long story short, there wasn’t much left in the jar after he got a hold of it.
So, I decided I need to act quick so I could take advantage of the rest of the yummy goodness. I decided to make macaroons and then drizzle some of the remaining chocolate on top. Hubby doesn’t like coconut, so I thought it would be a total win for me….. NOPE! Apparently he now loves Macaroons as long as they have Almond Chocolate Spread on them. I am pretty sure he would eat anything as long as it had this stuff on it. These macaroons were transformed into something that tasted a lot like an Almond Joy, but without the hard almonds. They are amazing! Who would have thought Almond Joy Macaroons. These are super simple, and only require 3 ingredients!
- 1½ Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- ½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Tbsp Hershey's Almond Chocolate Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flakes and sweetened condensed milk.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown flakes appear.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate spread in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Drizzle heated chocolate over Macaroons. Allow to set for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.