Chicken Carbonara Recipe!
What a crazy week this has been! Let me start by saying, I moved away from Michigan because I hated the winters. Now, here in North Carolina we have ice and snow and the temperature is dropping to the single digits this week…. SINGLE digits! I think it may be time to move further south…
Since everything has shut down (which I find funny), I was in a bind on what to make for dinner. After raiding the pantry and fridge I committed to making a super yummy Chicken Carbonara Recipe! Nothing cheers me up like dinner that includes bacon! Bacon fixes everything, in my opinion… and chocolate… chocolate too!
This recipe is super easy to make, and great for if you have any left over chicken from a previous meal… If not, it is still easy to make. And did I mention bacon?
- 2lbs chicken, diced and cooked (I like to use a combination of white and dark meat)
- 7 ounces of cooked spaghetti
- 8 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup whipping (heavy) cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan cook bacon over low heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden.
- Remove bacon from saucepan and drain excess drippings from the saucepan, reserving 1 tbsp.
- Cook onion and garlic in bacon fat over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, unitl onions become opaque. Stir in spaghetti, chicken, cheese and whipping cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Toss in bacon and serve!
What is your favorite meal that involves bacon?