This post may contain affiliate links, to learn more about them, check out our Disclosure.
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling!
I have not baked anything in a while. Mostly because it has been soooo darn hot lately! If I could not throw it on the grill, I refused to make it this week. But, sometimes you just need chocolate, and I had a crazy craving for chocolate cake and peanut butter cheesecake. Mt sweet tooth was going through major withdrawal, so I knew it was time to get something in the oven. I could not make up my mind on what to make so I decided to combine my cravings into a Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling! The rich chocolate cake and the creamy peanut butter filling was just what I needed. If you are new here, I have a total chocolate and peanut butter addiction, to the extent that I turn a normal breakfast into a chocolate lovers dream. The best part about this recipe is that the cheesecake filling is no bake, so it may look intimidating, but this recipe is super easy to make! Oh and to give it just a little bit more decadence, I frosted it in peanut butter frosting and covered it in a dark chocolate ganache! YUM!
|Prep Time||90 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- Chocolate Cake:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 packages cream cheese softened, 8 ounce
- 1 cups frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup to 1/3milk
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9' inch cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla until well combined. Slowly stir in boiling water.
- Transfer batter to baking sheets and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling time for the filling!
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter. Fold in whipped topping.
- To make this process easier, I like to use a 9 inch spring form. Place one cake into the bottom of the spring form pan and pour filling over top smoothing it out as you go. Place the second cake on top and gently press down so everything is nice and tight.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before removing and frosting.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together powdered sugar and peanut butter. Continue beating on low and add in vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth can creamy.
- After cake has chilled, remove from spring form and frost!
- Bring heavy cream to a boil and remove from heat. Pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Allow chocolate to set and cool for 10 minutes before pouring over cake.
I love peanut butter and chocolate! Pinning to try:)
Bobbi - 3GLOL says
Now, this sound yummy!! With that combo, it’s got to be!!
Thanks for sharing!
This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!
Heather @ Shards of Lavender says
Oh, yum! This looks sinfully delicious and so decadent:) You can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter… Thanks for sharing !
Alexis AKA MOM says
That looks sinfully good!
Katherines Corner says
Oh my goodness, I know five grandchildren that will love this! Hugs. P.S. I invite you to share your post at my blog hop ( link up tonight through Sat)
I am over the moon in love with this cake! I have a minor obsession with pb, choco, and cheesecake! Love this recipe, PINNED to try! Saying hello from creativity unleashed link party and I am so glad that I did! 🙂
This looks amazing!!!
Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing at the Bloggers Brag Pinterest Party.
Rachel Rockwell says
This looks amazing! I am featuring it today at the Make Bake Create Party! It will also be on our Pinterest Board!
DearCreatives (@DearCreatives) says
Jamie, Your cake looks so delicious! Hope your having a great week. Thanks for sharing at last week’s party! Pinning and sharing. Theresa @DearCreatives PS. Hope to see you at this week’s party!
This looks amazing . Featuring you when my link party opens up tonight. Thanks for sharing!
Kate F. says
This sounds so good! I love chocolate and peanut butter treats.
I never had a chocolate cake with peanut butter filling! It looks so delicious!
Delicious Cake recipe!!! Made it for my husbands birthday. It was a hit!!!