Extra Chunky Chili Recipe!
Go figure, it has been cold and rainy here for 12 days straight… TWELVE DAYS! So of course that means it is chili weather and this Extra Chunky Chili Recipe is both filling and yummy! Of course, I made it and now it is sunny and warm, but I am not complaining!
I like a hearty chili, the kind you can eat with a fork. I could just never get on board with a soupy chili, that is not chili…it’s soup! There is just enough liquid for the Oyster crackers to sop up…. Anyone else love Oyster crackers as much as I do? I could eat them straight out the bag…yum!
You can add as much heat to this recipe as you want, I like mine with a little kick. If you like a more mild heat, don’t add as much jalapeno. You can also throw this into a slow cooker and let it simmer all day!
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Can Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Large Jalapeno, chopped (remove the seeds for less heat)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a large pot, brown ground beef. Add in onions, garlic, green pepper, jalapeno and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and add in seasonings, tomatoes and kidney beans. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- The longer you let simmer, the better this recipe gets!
- Top with your favorite chili add ons like cheese, onion... or of course, Oyster crackers.