Homemade Galaxy Ice Cream!
I do not know what happened, one day the weather was warm and sunny and I could see summer right around the corner. This week, it has been cold and rainy and I feel like we took two steps away from it. Since we are finally suppose to see some warm weather again this week, I decided to make some homemade ice cream, but not just any old ice cream, Galaxy ice cream!
The fun colors and the smooth rich flavor make this summer dessert absolutely perfect! I guess it does not help that I am a tad bit obsessed with anything and everything galaxy related. Recently I shared how to make a cute Galaxy Unicorn shirt and one of my most popular posts to date is my DIY Galaxy Candy Apples.
You of course do not have to stick with galaxy colors, you can completely customize it to your own needs. Having a rainbow party? What about celebrating your favorite team sports event? You are no longer tied down to boring colors anymore! I prefer to use gel food coloring because it just seems to give the colors a more brighter and vibrant feel, but regular food coloring will work just as well.
This Galaxy Ice Cream is super easy to make too! It only needs 3 basic ingredients and around 5 minutes to prepare. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to freeze!
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 8oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Food Coloring of choice
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat whipping cream on medium until soft peaks form.
- Once soft peaks form, add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Separate ice cream batter into separate bowls and color with food coloring.
- Combine each color into a large container and freeze for 4-6 hours before serving.
This blog contains affiliate links, to learn more about them Click Here.