Nacho Cheese Recipe
Game day this weekend, which means football and friends! I will admit that I am usually in it for the commercials, but that is not true. I am in it for the food! It is like a mini Thanksgiving feast, but with all of your favorite snack foods! You will want to make room for this Nacho Cheese Recipe at your game day feast!
I am a sucker for a good dip, from Guacamole Salsa to an amazing and Easy Queso Blanco Dip, and everything in between! This easy Nacho Cheese recipe is perfect for dipping your favorite chips into and is made with real cheese!
All you need for this yummy recipe is a few ingredients and less than 5 minutes and you are ready to get your dip on!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk flour into melted butter until smooth.
- Slowly add in milk and continue to whisk, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce to low and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper and whisk well.
- Add cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Serve immediately.
- To reheat, place back on stove top with 1 tbsp milk over medium heat. Microwaving will cause the dip to break and become grainy.
Do you have any game day traditions? Are you just in it for the commercials, or do you enjoy watching the game?
Follow us on Pinterest for more yummy game day foods and ideas!