Rainbow Bagels Recipe!
Recently I have become pretty obsessed with bagels, and I will be sharing a few recipes over the next few weeks. This week I decided to take my go to bagel recipe and make it a little more fun. The best part about these Rainbow Bagels is that I do not have to worry about my hubby stealing them and taking them to work, because they are too colorful for his taste.
Mornings are busy and something about a fun rainbow colored bagel just seems to make me smile and get me motivated. You do not have to go full rainbow though, color them your favorite color, or leave them plain. Either way this bagel recipe is my favorite!
- 2 Cups Warm Water (110 degrees F) + 12 cups for boiling
- 2 Packs of Active Dry Yeast
- 3 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp
- 5-6 Cups Bread Flour (all purpose can work in a pinch)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of warm water, yeast and 3 tbsp sugar.
- Allow to proof for 5 minutes, until mix becomes foamy.
- Using a stand mixer, add 2 cups of flour to mix and begin mixing.
- Continue adding flour at ½ cup at a time until dough is no longer sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into equal portions and knead in food coloring.
- Lightly coat dough in oil and cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bring a pot of water and remaining sugar to a low boil.
- Combine all of the colors of dough together and roll into a snake.
- Form into a bagel shape, ensuring the ends are secured together well.
- Place a few bagels in boiling water at a time and boil each side for 20-30 seconds (the longer you boil, the chewier the bagels will be).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving
Do you have a food obsession?