Superman Ice Cream Recipe! No Churn!
I grew up in Michigan, and there are just things I grew up with that I can not find here in the South. My childhood memories include things like Faygo, Vernors, and Superman Ice Cream. While I have spotted Faygo and Vernors here in the south, Superman Ice Cream has yet to make an appearance. I have been craving this ice cream since the weather has warmed up, so I decided I was going to figure out my own Superman Ice Cream Recipe!
The base of this ice cream is the same exact as my Galaxy Ice Cream Recipe, but just had a few add ons. Classic Superman Ice Cream has three flavors: Lemon, Red Pop (or Soda), and Blue Moon Ice Cream. Well, Blue Moon ice cream is also something that I can not find in the south, so I had to wing it.
This Superman Ice Cream Recipe turned out great! After waiting a few hours for it to freeze, I could not wait to dig into it. It brought me back to my childhood, going to the ice cream parlor on hot summer days. It is a recipe I see myself making a lot this summer.
To see how I made this yummy Superman Ice Cream Recipe, check out the video below!
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 8oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Package Strawberry Jello
- ½ Package Lemon Jello
- ½ Package Berry Blue Jello
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat whipping cream on medium until soft peaks form.
- Once soft peaks form, add in sweetened condensed milk and mix until well combined.
- Separate ice cream batter into 3 separate bowls and half a package of Jello into each bowl. If you are using sugar free Jello, add in the full package.
- Mix until well combined.
- Drop large spoon fulls of each color randomly into a large baking dish and then use a knife to swirl the colors together.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
Do you have a childhood food that you love but can not find anymore? Let us know what it is in the comments below!