JELL-O Slushy! | Summer Recipes
If you follow me on Instagram, you know we are already in full Summer mode here. The temperatures have already hit 100 degrees so keeping cool is high on my priority list. With the kids almost done with school, I decided it was time to come up with some kid friendly treats to keep them cool while they are outside playing. This JELL-O Slushy is just the thing! It stay frozen a lot longer than a traditional Slushy and the flavor combos are endless. Today I made a Strawberry Lemonade JELL-O Slushy and a Blue Raspberry Slushy! Both were amazing, and when I combined the two flavors I had an instant hit!
For the Strawberry Lemonade JELL-O Slushy I used Strawberry Lemonade with gave it just the right amount of tart to counteract the sweetness of the JELL-O. The Blue Raspberry I used a Lemon-Lime Soda. As long as the flavors mix well, the combos are really endless!
- 1 Pack of JELL-O (pick your favorite)
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Juice or Soda (one that coordinates with the JELL-O works best)
- Combine boiling water and JELL-O and mix until dissolved completely.
- Mix in lemon juice and juice/soda (if using Soda, it will fizz a bit).
- Pour into a baking dish and freeze for 3-4 hours, or until hard.
- Remove from freezer 5 min before serving and use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scrape the slushy out.
- Add a little more soda/juice to glass before serving.