Texas Caviar Recipe!
Ohhh how I love summer! Mainly because I can get outside and get things done, plus some pool fun is always a nice reward after working in the garden in the hot sun. Right now I am up to my ears in cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers! I am waiting on a few more tomatoes to turn red before I can get to canning some awesome homemade salsa. For now, I have a few that have turned already so I thought I would throw together my hubbies favorite summer treat, Texas Caviar.
I have to admit, when my hubby first told me about this recipe, I was a bit skeptical. It did not sound good to me at all, but I have to say that it is now one of my favorites. There is just something about fresh veggies right from the garden that make this Texas Caviar something to crave.
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Banana Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 Large Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 good size handful of Cilantro
- 1 (15oz) can Black Eye Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss until well combined.
- That is it! Simple right? I like to cover and refrigerate mine for 24 hours so that all the flavors come together.