If you’re like the 62% of women who have considered getting a full-body wax, you’re probably wondering what’s involved and how much it’s going to set you back. Trust us, you’re in good company!
The cost of a full-body wax can vary widely based on location, salon, and the type of wax used. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $200 for a comprehensive full-body waxing service. This usually includes arms, legs, back, and bikini area, but prices can fluctuate based on individual salon packages.
Wondering about the cost of a full-body wax? Keep reading to discover how bundling services could save you up to 30% and give you that all-over silky smoothness you’re craving.
The Basics of Full Body Waxing
Types of Wax Used
When it comes to waxing, the type of wax used can vary. The most common types are hard wax and soft wax, each with its pros and cons. Hard wax is generally better for sensitive areas like the bikini line, while soft wax is often used for larger areas like the back and legs.
Areas Commonly Covered
The areas commonly covered in a full-body wax include the arms, legs, back, and bikini area. Some people also opt for facial waxing, underarm waxing, and even chest and stomach waxing.
Average Cost of Full Body Wax by State
|State||Average Cost (USD)|
|Alabama||$80 – $130|
|Alaska||$100 – $160|
|Arizona||$90 – $150|
|Arkansas||$75 – $125|
|California||$120 – $180|
|Colorado||$95 – $155|
|Connecticut||$100 – $160|
|Delaware||$90 – $145|
|Florida||$110 – $170|
|Georgia||$105 – $165|
|Hawaii||$115 – $175|
|Idaho||$85 – $135|
|Illinois||$105 – $165|
|Indiana||$85 – $140|
|Iowa||$80 – $130|
|Kansas||$80 – $130|
|Kentucky||$85 – $135|
|Louisiana||$90 – $145|
|Maine||$85 – $140|
|Maryland||$100 – $160|
|Massachusetts||$105 – $165|
|Michigan||$85 – $140|
|Minnesota||$90 – $150|
|Mississippi||$75 – $125|
|Missouri||$85 – $135|
|Montana||$80 – $130|
|Nebraska||$80 – $130|
|Nevada||$100 – $160|
|New Hampshire||$90 – $145|
|New Jersey||$105 – $165|
|New Mexico||$85 – $140|
|New York||$130 – $190|
|North Carolina||$100 – $160|
|North Dakota||$80 – $130|
|Ohio||$90 – $145|
|Oklahoma||$80 – $130|
|Oregon||$95 – $155|
|Pennsylvania||$95 – $150|
|Rhode Island||$95 – $155|
|South Carolina||$85 – $135|
|South Dakota||$75 – $125|
|Tennessee||$85 – $140|
|Texas||$100 – $160|
|Utah||$90 – $150|
|Vermont||$85 – $140|
|Virginia||$100 – $160|
|Washington||$100 – $160|
|West Virginia||$75 – $125|
|Wisconsin||$85 – $140|
|Wyoming||$80 – $130|
What Does a Full Body Wax Include?
A full-body wax is a comprehensive hair removal treatment that targets multiple areas of the body. Unlike specific treatments that focus on just the legs or arms, a full-body wax aims to give you a smooth, hair-free appearance from head to toe.
Here’s a rundown of what a full-body wax typically includes:
- Half Arms: From the elbow down to the wrists.
- Full Arms: From the shoulders down to the wrists.
- Half Legs: From the knees down to the ankles.
- Full Legs: From the thighs down to the ankles.
- Lower Strip: Just the lower back area.
- Full Back: The entire back, including the shoulders.
- Brazilian: All hair removed from the front to the back.
- Bikini Line: Hair removed that would be visible outside a bikini.
- Face: Includes eyebrows, upper lip, and chin.
- Underarms: Hair removed from the armpit area.
- Chest and Stomach: For those who prefer a bare chest and stomach.
Note: Some salons offer customizable packages, allowing you to choose which areas you’d like to include or exclude.
Individual Waxing Service Costs
When considering a full-body wax, it’s also helpful to understand the cost of individual services. This can give you a better idea of what you’re paying for when opting for a full-body package. Here’s a breakdown of the average costs for various waxing services:
- Average Cost: $15 – $30
- Factors Affecting Cost: Salon reputation, technician experience.
- Average Cost: $10 – $20
- Factors Affecting Cost: Type of wax used, salon location.
- Average Cost: $20 – $35
- Factors Affecting Cost: Type of wax, technician skill level.
- Average Cost for Half Arms: $30 – $45
- Average Cost for Full Arms: $45 – $60
- Factors Affecting Cost: Amount of hair, type of wax.
- Average Cost: $50 – $70
- Factors Affecting Cost: Size of area, hair density.
- Average Cost: $20 – $35
- Factors Affecting Cost: Type of wax, salon reputation.
Bikini or Brazilian Wax
- Average Cost for Bikini: $30 – $50
- Average Cost for Brazilian: $50 – $75
- Factors Affecting Cost: Technician experience, type of wax.
Full Leg Wax
- Average Cost: $60 – $80
- Factors Affecting Cost: Length of legs, hair density.
Note: These are approximate figures and can vary based on a multitude of factors, including geographic location and salon quality. Always consult with your local salon for the most accurate pricing.
The cost of a full-body wax can vary significantly depending on your geographic location. For instance, a full-body wax in a metropolitan area is likely to cost more than in a small town.
Salon vs. DIY
Another factor that impacts the waxing cost is whether you opt for a professional salon service or decide to go the DIY route. While salons offer the expertise and convenience, DIY kits are available for those looking to save some money.
Type of Wax
The type of wax used can also affect the cost. Hard wax is generally more expensive than soft wax, but it’s often preferred for sensitive areas.
How Long Does a Full Body Wax Last?
The longevity of a full-body wax can vary from person to person, depending on several factors such as hair growth rate, hair thickness, and the method of waxing used. However, there are some general timelines you can expect:
Immediately after a full-body wax, your skin will be smooth and hair-free. This initial phase of smoothness typically lasts for about a week.
Hair Regrowth Phase
After the first week, you may start to notice some hair regrowth. These are usually finer and softer than before. This phase can last from the second to the fourth week post-waxing.
Time for Next Session
Most people find that they need another full-body waxing session in approximately 4 to 6 weeks. This is when the hair has grown long enough to be effectively removed again.
Factors Affecting Longevity
- Hair Growth Cycle: Individual hair growth cycles can affect how long the results last.
- Wax Quality: Higher quality waxes may offer longer-lasting results.
- Technician Skill: A skilled technician can remove hair more effectively, leading to longer-lasting smoothness.
Note: Consistent waxing can lead to finer, less dense hair growth over time, potentially extending the time between sessions.
Does a Full Body Wax Include Private Parts?
The inclusion of private parts in a full-body wax often depends on the salon’s offerings and the package you choose. Generally, a full-body wax can include the bikini area, but there are varying degrees of hair removal in this sensitive region. Here’s a breakdown:
This is the most basic form of bikini waxing, where hair is removed from the sides to create a clean line that lies within the boundaries of a bikini bottom.
A Brazilian wax is more extensive and removes almost all the hair from the front to the back, including the labia and buttocks. This is often considered part of a full-body wax package.
Male Private Parts
For men, a full-body wax can include the chest and stomach but may or may not include the genital area. Some salons offer a “Manzilian,” which is the male equivalent of a Brazilian wax.
Many salons offer customizable packages, allowing you to specify which areas you want to include or exclude. Always consult with your technician to tailor the service to your comfort level.
Full Body Wax Aftercare
Aftercare is a crucial aspect of the full-body waxing experience. Proper aftercare not only helps to maintain the smoothness but also minimizes potential side effects like irritation and ingrown hairs.
Here’s a guide to effective full-body wax aftercare:
Immediate Aftercare (First 24 Hours)
- Avoid Hot Showers: Stick to lukewarm water to prevent skin irritation.
- No Exfoliation: Your skin is sensitive post-wax; avoid scrubs or loofahs.
24-48 Hours Post-Wax
- Moisturize: Use a gentle, fragrance-free lotion to keep the skin hydrated.
- Wear Loose Clothing: This minimizes friction and allows the skin to breathe.
- Regular Exfoliation: After 48 hours, begin gentle exfoliation to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Sun Protection: Use SPF when exposing waxed areas to the sun, as the skin is more sensitive.
Products to Consider
- Aftercare Lotions: Specially formulated lotions for post-waxing can be beneficial.
- Ingrown Hair Serums: These can help prevent and treat ingrown hairs.
What to Avoid
- No Heavy Workouts: For at least 24-48 hours to prevent sweat-induced irritation.
- Avoid Swimming: Chlorinated water can irritate freshly waxed skin.
Always follow any specific aftercare instructions provided by your waxing technician for the best results.
What Type of Wax Should I Ask My Salon to Use?
Choosing the right type of wax can make a significant difference in your waxing experience. The two most commonly used types of wax are hard wax and soft wax, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here’s what you need to know:
- Best For: Sensitive areas like the bikini line, underarms, and face.
- Advantages: Less painful, adheres only to the hair, not the skin.
- Disadvantages: Can be more time-consuming.
- Best For: Larger areas like arms, legs, and back.
- Advantages: Quick application, efficient for removing fine hairs.
- Disadvantages: Can be more painful, not ideal for sensitive skin.
Some salons offer specialty waxes infused with ingredients like tea tree oil or chamomile, designed to reduce irritation.
Consult Your Technician
Always consult with your technician about the best type of wax for your skin type and the areas you’re getting waxed. They can provide expert advice tailored to your needs.
Note: If you have sensitive skin or specific skin conditions, it’s crucial to discuss this with your technician to ensure the most suitable wax is used.
So, What Did We Learn?
In summary, the expense of a full-body wax can range from $100 to $200, depending on various factors like location, salon choice, and type of wax.
Opting for a bundled package not only offers the luxury of head-to-toe smoothness but can also yield savings of up to 30%. It’s a win-win for both your skin and your wallet!
Hey there, I’m Jennifer M. Lowes, but my friends call me Jenn. Born and raised in sunny California. By day, I’m a freelance makeup artist transforming everyday people into their best selves. By night, I’m here on this blog, sharing my favorite nail designs, makeup tips, hair styling techniques, and much more.