Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs!
Summer is here Ya’ll! Living in the South means I can pretty much grill year round, which I love because it is less clean up and nothing really beats a meal grilled. These Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs have become an instant family favorite in our home! I love the way veggies get that char and become a little crispy around the edges… so yum! If you like a little kick to your food, this recipe is for you! I used the marinade for our chicken, but it is pretty darn awesome on steak as well. Hubby uses it as a dipping sauce for his french fries… It is THAT good! It has a major kick, but it is not an overwhelming spicy. For this fun summer recipe, you will only need a few ingredients and clean up is a breeze! That is the one thing I LOVE about grilling is that there are less dishes. I like to use a baking sheet covered in foil to carry the food out to the grill, when the food is almost done cooking, I take the baking sheet in and change out the foil to carry it all back. For this recipe I used the El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce, but you can substitute with theEl Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce, which I found at my local Lowes Foods. If you are craving a little more heat, you can always go bold with the El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce that packs a little bit more of a punch than the Red Hot Sauce! I absolutely love the El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce and use it straight from the bottle on my steak.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1 Bottle El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce You can substitute for the El Yucateco Chipotle if you don't want it super spicy
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Handful Cilantro
- 1/2 of a large Onion
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Adobe Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Water
- In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients for the marinade and pulse until combined.
- Reserve 1/2 Cup for basting.
- In a large bowl or sealable bag combine chicken and remaining marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For Kabobs add chicken, onion and green peppers to skewers and grill. Use the reserve of marinade to baste the chicken and veggies as needed.