This post may contain affiliate links, to learn more about them, check out our Disclosure.
5 Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese
I must start off with a warning. If you are on a diet, slowly back away, or stay and lick the screen until your heart is content! I won’t judge… I swear! Ever just have one of those days that you had no idea what to make for dinner? Yesterday was that for me, and sometimes I throw together something not so great, and others become new family favorites. This Macaroni and Cheese is now a family favorite. Who knew by throwing in some butter, bacon grease, flour, cream and every last bit of cheese in your house could create something so mouthwatering? I may try doing that more often!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 package macaroni cooked al dente, 8 ounce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (if none on hand substitute with anotherbutter)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup munster cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese you can substitute with cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs buttered
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large pot melt butter and bacon grease. Add in garlic and cook on medium for 1 minute. Add in flour and salt and whisk until well combined.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cream and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to low.
- Add in cheddar, gruyere, munster and mascarpone cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and combine cheese mixture with cooked pasta. Stir to coat the pasta.
- Transfer to a greased 9x12 baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave a Reply