This post may contain affiliate links, to learn more about them, check out our Disclosure.
Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Cream Sauce
WOW! Where did summer go? If you haven’t noticed, I have been a bit MIA these past few weeks (if you haven’t noticed, it’s ok, I still love you). I have been super busy with getting the kiddos ready for school, and we were actually able to go on a mini vacation, but that is another post. The temperatures are still in the high 90’s here in North Carolina, but I have fall and winter on the mind. I am sick of the heat to tell you the truth. This Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Cream Sauce was just the right dish to kick off the cool weather that is HOPEFULLY coming our way soon! It is a simple dish, and the meatballs can be easily made ahead of time and froze for later use! SCORE!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt can substitute for sour cream
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs until well combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place in a lined baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all sides.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, melt butter and sauté garlic, onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent.
- Gradually add in flour, whisking constantly.
- Add in beef broth and continue to whisk until well combined. Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in greek yogurt and add salt and pepper to taste.
WOW! I’m sooooooo making this tonight! I’m sitting here in my basement cold and this comfort food has me salivating! OMG! Thansk for sharing! Found you on the Home Away From Home link up! kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/
Bobbi - 3GLOL says
I use to eat Swedish Meatballs religiously and haven’t had any lately…now you got me wanting some again 🙂 I’ll probably crave it till I get it 😉
Thanks for sharing!
Michelle Westbrook says
Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Your post has been pinned to our Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board 🙂
I have a friend who LOVES swedish meatballs! I am going to share this with him. Thanks
That looks and sounds delicious! can’t wait to try it soon
Diane Balch says
It has suddenly got chilly here in NY. Time for your delicious meat balls. Pinned. Thanks for coming to Weekend Bites (formally Foodie Friday).
I never had swedish food before! I have to try this <3
I’d like to try this with vegetarian meatballs. I bet it’d be good!